Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Momma the Juggler

I know I am not the only momma who feels this way, that they are juggling not different sized colorful balls, but different objects entirely. A baseball bat (kids' sports), a pot (dinner), smartphone (line to work and friends), wedding ring (marriage), toys (time with kids) and a tennis shoe (exercise). Sometimes I feel like I cannot do one thing well without the other areas of my life falling to the ground while I am expected to juggle them.

I have to say though, because of different circumstances in my life right now, I am grateful for all that I have.

 I have my family around to help me shuffle kids to and fro while my husband and I work to get the bills paid.

I have healthy kids that are involved with sports that they want to be involved in, and activities they want to do.

I am blessed with a job that allows me to spend time with my kids and go to their activities and also be out of school when they are most of the time which allows me to spend even more time with them.

My house right now looks like a tornado went through it with laundry, toys, half empty glasses on tables, and  cat fuzzballs on the floor where I vacuumed just 3 hours before. But I am blessed because my house may not be ready for a magazine to come photograph it, but it is a home, and is a great place to make memories with my husband and kiddos.

I have a body that isn't very happy with the way I've treated it lately, but I'm so grateful every day for my lungs that breathe oxygen and heart that pumps.

I have been blessed with a loving, handy husband that can fix "anything" according to the kids and always seems to ground me when I start spinning in circles and dropping things. 

As summer officially starts in a few weeks, I want to take the time to remember to slow down and appreciate all the blessings that are in my life and take care of these blessings that the good Lord has given me. 

Take a moment, make some coffee and count your blessings in the middle of your juggling act!


Blessings,
Harmony 


No comments: