Blog Archive

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Thursday and I'm Thankful

It's Thursday, which during the summer is my Friday. It's been a fast and furious week with getting home Sunday from the River, working Monday, then packing up and going to a two day conference in Austin for work. Then tonight it's working at the restaurant, tomorrow and Saturday Landon is in the production of Peter Pan, and then Sunday I'm working at the restaurant again, and going straight from there to Landon's final performance and cast party.

Tomorrow I hope to sleep in some, clean a little, take the kiddos swimming, and then rest before the performance. I'm thankful that Landon is enjoying being in the play, and I can't wait to see it performed! I used to do plays for our civic theater and in One Act Play in high school, so this brings back a lot of fond memories.

I'm thankful that the pool is finally ready at the country club so I can meet my girls there Saturday afternoon so we can talk and hang out while my kiddos play in the water. So excited about that!!

I'm excited and thankful over a decision I've made, and yes a little sad too. I've decided to quit working at my second job so I can spend more time with my family. I absolutely have a blast with the people I work with at Circle T Steakhouse, and they are so much fun, but I'm excited to not have to rush home on certain nights of the week to get changed, go back to work, and then be away from my kiddos and hubby for 6 more hours. Or miss church on Sunday mornings to work buffet. I'm sad to leave these people that I really like, but so ready to get back to being with my family.


I'm thankful that I have a job that I have two weeks off this summer to hang out with my kiddos. Sleeping in, swimming, maybe going to see a movie or two, and VBS at our church that I get to help out with this year. :)

Here's to summer!!!


No comments: