Sunday, September 13, 2009

Ahhh Fall! Back to School Challenges

A low with a lot of rain came through on Thursday and has hung around till today. It's been absolutely wonderful considering we've had all the windows open for several days and just the fans on. This house just feels better when the windows are open and the cool breeze comes through. Don't ask me why, I just feel it.

I can't wait for the cool mornings of fall, when you need your jacket for the first few hours of the morning. It makes me think of football season, band trips to football games, hanging out with friends, and back to school.

Speaking of back to school. The last week in August I started my online program for my master's. I'm trying to adjust to working full time, being a good wife, mother, Christian woman, student, and keeping a home. I also have to study for the GRE that I have to take and pass in October to continue to be in the graduate program.

I am trying to manage my time better, and as many mom's can testify, it's HARD.
These are some things I'm trying to manage my time a little better:
1. I'm trying to lay out outfits the night before
2. pack the diaper bag the night before
3. Spend time daily with God and in prayer otherwise this plan won't work
4. Cut back on some volunteer activities
5. Learn to say NO to things that won't benefit me or my family
6. Let go of some of the less important housework in order to spend time with my husband & kids
7. Not neglect my exercise program because it's what keeps me healthy & sane
8. Carve out time to spend with my husband
9. Get up early to work on school work so my evenings can be dedicated to my family

I may need to print this list out and stick it to my fridge door or somewhere else I can see it everyday to remind myself of everything I need to do try to "balance" my life as much as possible.

No comments: