Blog Archive

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Water..

Yesterday it was so pretty I decided to walk outside. It was an absolutely gorgeous day and it had rained for several days the week before so the creek I was walking beside was running and making all kinds of gorgeous noises as it spilled over rocks and made its way through the land.

I stopped on a bridge to relax for a minute and noticed some limbs and debris that had blocked one area of the creek. Opposed to the water on just the other side of the debris, the water inside the little pocket was stagnant and had a film over it.  I had a "come to Jesus" moment as a friend of mine would say.

How often is something in our life like that one little pocket of water? Something that we block up with out own limbs and debris and hang onto when we really should let it all go. Sadness, resentment, jealousy, depression, or worry, the list could go on and on. Instead of letting Jesus wash it all away with the rain of His love, the debris in our heart holds it in and lets it fester and get murky.

I myself have been struggling with a few things lately and that picture stayed with me as I walked home. I prayed that Jesus would knock the debris out of my heart and let that "stagnant" water out, to let it be cleansed by the fresh water running through it. I pray that He'll do the same for you...



Ezekiel 36:25-27 - Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you. A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statues, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.




No comments: