Blog Archive

Monday, June 18, 2012

Marvelous Monday



This was my view this morning after getting ready for work and I decided to have my coffee and Bible time outside while it was nice and cool. I wasn't able to get all of the pinks, oranges, purples, and blues in the clouds because of a pecan tree in the way, but you are able to get the general idea.

That little bit of quiet time was just what I needed this morning before the hustle and the bustle of Monday morning started. I sat outside listening to the birds sing and there was a cool breeze, and it was just me and the sounds of the morning. I know that other moms have to feel the same way that I do sometimes. At times it feels like I'm a top that a kid has wound up and has let go, and I'm just spinning.

   Oh, but sweet mamas, it doesn't have to be like that. And just for a moment this morning, I GOT IT! Now, that doesn't mean I'll have it later, but I did get a glimpse of it this morning. The calm that resonates throughout your body and the knowing that no matter how this world shakes you, it will be ok. More than that, it will be great, because we are daughters of a King.  I heard a song this weekend, Scars, by Jonny Diaz, and it resonates with me still. We all have scars in our lives, sweet mamas, but we don't have to dwell on those, because the good Lord has covered our scars with His. I hope that whoever reads this will step out for a few quiet moments in the still of the morning, or in the evening, or even steal a few moments in a closet to steady themselves with the love of the Lord.



No comments: