Blog Archive

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day

Well, we had a nice surprise Thursday afternoon. It started sleeting and snowing around 4 pm and came down hard and made things pretty slick and fun to drive on. Of course my husband had to go out and play on it in his 4-wheel drive. We made it a family thing and went out. It was absolutely beautitful, seeing the snow covered fields and the white trees. 

We made a snowman and a snowball fight when we got home. When we came inside to warm up and had a message on our answering machine letting us know that school was cancelled tomorrow. We never have a snow day!! This is Texas, people.  Of course by late afternoon Friday, the snow was gone, but we had fun playing inside and spending time together.

Damon and I went out Friday night to a neighboring town and ate seafood.  It was soooo good!! It was nice to go out and not have to worry about our daughter throwing a fit and not wanting to eat. I love her, but she's 2, so eating out is supposed to be at fast food places with playgrounds, not a sit down dinner. We came straight home and had a nice night sitting on the couch together and watching TV after the kids went to bed.   Saturday was another nice day with sunshine! The kids and I and our dog went to the park and enjoyed the nicer weather. 

On Valentine's day, I so wanted to go to church, but we all woke up with our allergies making us miserable. So we decided to stay home.  We went grocery shopping later, and Grandma and Great-Grandma came by with gifts for the kids.  Now we are sitting down eating chili since the weather has again thrown us for a loop. It was 57 when we left to go to the store, hour later, it was 42 and dropping.It is now 38 degrees and steadily dropping. 

I got my handsome husband a sports coat for Valentine's day. He wasn't expecting it, and it felt so good  to surprise him. He got me a pretty cross to go on my "wall of crosses" that I am working on in our dining room, chocolates, and then my son surprised me with some flowers while we were at the store today. I feel that I had a great Valentine's day spending time with my great family.  I am so thankful that the Lord has given me so much. 

No comments: