Blog Archive

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Happy Birthday Daddy

Today my father would have been 53 years old. I often wonder what he would look like today. When I was 17 he passed away from a heart attack.

I would have loved to have listened to that silly laugh of his as he played with his grandkids.

I would have loved to sit around the table as he told embarrassing stories on me to my husband and kids.

I would have loved to have him pull me in his arms and tell me how proud he was of me when I graduated college.

I would have loved to have had him walk me down the aisle at my wedding.

I would have loved to see his face when he first laid eyes on his grandchildren.

I would have loved to see him and my mother grow old together.

I would have loved to learn more from him as I grew older.

I loved that he blessed me with so many good memories.

I loved staying up way past my bed time when younger to listen to records of different kinds of music with my father.

I loved eating his great buttersauce and his cooking that was great....most of the time. :)

I loved how he was so proud of me.

I love his loud, crazy, loving family he brought me into, and all that they do for me and teach me.

Thank you for all that you did for me Daddy. I know you're watching over us now and you're hanging out with all the great musicians you used to listen to in heaven.


No comments: