Blog Archive

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Mommyologist...Mom Sexy

I've been following the Mommyologist on Twitter and reading her blog here lately. She is very funny and puts things in perspective being a mom.  She started a movement called "Mom Sexy" that challenges moms to "Bring The Sexy Back." It's really like a breath of fresh air, and I encourage everyone to read her blog yesterday and watch her vlog when she breaks up with her "boyfriend Taylor, the scale.  I laughed out loud.  I have a link to her blog to the right on my page.

She issued a challenge to Moms asking us:  What in your life is holding you back from feeling Mom Sexy? What is that one thing that you need to let go of in order to let your inner sexy emerge?

I have to say I suffer from former fat person's body image. Before anyone starts griping at me about it, I have to say I'm in recovery.  I was 217 pounds when I gave birth to my son 5 years ago. When I married I was 175 pounds.  For a person who is 5'4", that's not so good.  I was at that weight for about seven years. I now fluctuate between 145 to 148 and would like to get down to 140 to be at a healthy weight.  But sometimes when I look in the mirror I still see me as the bigger girl. So, inspired by the Mommyologist, I'm bringing the mom sexy back. I'm not going to step on the scale for a month. May 1st to June 1st. I'm going to eat better but not deprive myself, and work out because it keeps me healthy and helps me keep my sanity.  I tried Zumba class for the first time tonight and LOVED every minute of it. My legs are so fatigued right now but I walked out of the gym smiling and laughing. I didn't care I was right by the door shaking my butt for the whole gym to see, I was having fun and I didn't care who was watching. Now that's sexy!!

4 comments:

The Mommyologist said...

This post made me SO SO happy!!! Isn't Zumba the best?? I leave smiling every time I go too. It is just so much fun to let loose and shake it and not worry about what other people think and just HAVE FUN!!!

LOVE that you are not getting on that scale!! I have been feeling so much better since I "broke-up" with mine!!!

Paper Mom said...

I need to find a Zumba class! It sounds like it is mom sexy magic!

Sarah said...

I'm glad to hear you liked Zumba! The Mommyologist has inspired me to take a class too! Glad to hear you're giving up the scale!

Dianna@KennedyAdventures said...

All you Mom Sexy girls and your ZUmba! My gym only offers it once a wek -- boo!