Monday, November 30, 2009

Out of the mouth's of babes

One day this past holiday weekend we were heading out to my mother-in-law's to spend time with my husband's family that were in for Thanksgiving. My dear son popped up from the back seat and stated "God sees everything that you do, even when you're in your house." I had to smile and tell him that yes, he does.

One day a few weeks ago, he also said that "God is stronger than the Hulk & Ironman." What can you say to that but, yes, He is.

Makes me think of all that I do at home and I need to watch what I say, do, and conduct myself around my children as well as out in the public. Because as my son knows, "God sees what you do." He knows when I lose my patience with my kids, or my husband. He knows when I feel loneliness and sadness wash over me when remembering my father or my best friend that I lost several years ago. He knows when I feel stressed out by pressures from family, work, or school. And I"m sure since God does know all these things, He knows if I turn to Him rather than crying, screaming, or cursing, things will get better. One of my favorite artists right now is Francesca Battistelli and she has one song that I really like that's called "It's your life." Here is the chorus that really goes along with what I'm trying to say..

It’s your life
What you gonna do?
The world is watching you
Every day the choices you make
Say what you are and who
Your heart beats for
It’s an open door
It’s your life

Lyrics by Francesca Battistelli & Ian Eskelin

No comments: