Blog Archive

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Christmas Season

Well it is so hard to believe but the Christmas season is here! It is knocking on the door, it is peeking around the corner. I can't believe 2011 is drawing to a close. The year has flown by.

I have read several different articles and blog posts about being present during this holiday season. I've felt lately that something is trying to drag me away from my family by pressing darkness around me. And I don't like it. So during this Christmas season I think I'll focus on the light to keep the darkness at bay. I'll focus on the light of the Christmas star, of the twinkling lights that remind me of Christmas' past, the light and warmth of our Lord and Savior.

I'll focus on the light from the candles lit during candlelight service at our church, the songs from my daughters lips as she sings songs she learned at school, the unexpected hug from my son, the laugh of my husband. Yes all these things surround me with the kind of light that can help me fight the darkness. But the one that shines the brightest is the one that comes from my Abba, my Father, my Lord.

Wishing you warmth and light this holiday season!!


No comments: