Blog Archive

Thursday, May 17, 2012

The End of the Year

No not the end of the 2012..I know it's a little early for that, but the end of the school year is fast approaching with my daughter having her last day of Pre-K today, and my son having his last day of 1st grade in two weeks.  Momma's know what that means, kids having a summer to relax and refresh! (And by the end of the summer, drive us a little bonkers where we want to say "Is it time for school, YET?!?)

  I stumbled across a blog today written by a lovely woman called http://www.domesticserenity.org/ and she had provided a free e-book called Honoring the Rhythm of Rest which you can download by subscribing to her blog. It's a short read and very well done and just what I needed in this season of my life. So I am going to look  at the summer as a time like the kids do, a time to relax and have fun and be refreshed.

I'm looking forward to taking my kids to the pool and getting in the frigid water and swimming with them.

I'm looking forward to going to the lake with the family and riding in the boat, swimming in the middle of a lake.

I'm looking forward to going to see a movie at the drive in with the hubby, sitting on a blanket in the back of a truck enjoying the warm night air and having a date night.

I'm looking forward to spending time with my kids playing outside, jumping on the trampoline with a sprinkler underneath it, and going for walks while on vacation.

I'm looking forward to going out of town for a day and taking the kids to a small waterpark in a nearby town, going out for pizza, and maybe even spending the night at a motel with a pool just to say they have done it.

I'm looking forward to a weekend away with my handsome hubby, don't care where or when, just some time away.

So come on Summer!! I can't wait to get started!!

No comments: