Blog Archive

Thursday, May 24, 2012

He Always Knows What I Need

I love subscribing to daily devotionals that come into my email. That way if I wake up late in the mornings and don't get my Bible/Devotional time in, I can do it while drinking my coffee at work.  One of my favorites is the devotional I receive from Proverbs 31 Ministries. This morning one from Lysa Terkeurst came in called "When Your Husband Has Given Up."  Now although I love my hubby and we are great, we still have our ups and downs, and friendships that I've had have also had their rocky moments.

Lysa's devotional spoke volumes to me today. Not really about a marriage in turmoil but that sometimes when life has thrown just about every bomb at you that you think you can take, you are still wanted, you are still worthy. You are a child of the King, and that makes you precious, loved, and grounded with Him.  Lysa makes a point to say that we all need to come up for air and believe that we are worthy, that we are in control of how we think and act, not someone else. WE control how WE respond to a situation, whether it is good or bad.  I emailed this post to a friend of mine with the comment, "The Good Lord, always seems to know what I need that day." Read the devotional, subscribe to their daily emails, trust me, the Lord will deliver just what you need in the mornings.



No comments: