Blog Archive

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

For Granted


For Granted

I cry out for someone to save me
This world has beat me down again with
Its negativity, hatred, apathy, and sorrow
But I come to the realization as I wipe away my tears
That I have taken my blessings for granted
This body you game me Lord
I’ve mistreated by lack of sleep by being too busy to
Take care of this gift of life.
I’ve taken the blessing of my husband for granted by
Not giving my time and love to him.
I’ve taken the blessing of my children for granted by
Not enjoying these special years while they are young.
Lord, I confess my apathy and selfishness has blocked
My sight to see the blessings you have graciously given to me.
Lord forgive me for this, and help to walk each day
Renewed by your love and peace
Give me your sight to see the people around me hurting
So I can wrap my arms around them
Let my eyes see the blessings that You have poured out on me.
Lord, I ask for your love to be shown to others through me. 

No comments: