Blog Archive

Sunday, October 2, 2011

On the Kitchen Floor


My sweet, lovely daughter woke up at 7am this morning. Ick!!! Although I should be grateful for small blessings because yesterday she was up at 5:30 am. The one problem, ok there are many issues with my child waking up so early on the weekend, but we'll bypass those, is that I usually like to have time to myself in the mornings.

Just me & the Lord, that's what I need to keep my head screwed on straight. So since Miss Priss derailed that plan I hid in the kitchen, on the floor to have my devotional time. After reading my devotionals I picked up a book "What Women Fear" by Angie Smith. The (in)courage will be having a book club online about the book.

I have to say I received it on Friday and I am already half way through it. It is a wonderful book that helps women with their fears and faith in God. One thing that struck me during the book was the story of Hagar is banished by Abraham. The scripture Genesis 21:19 states that "then God opened her eyes & she saw the well of water." the author, Angie Smith points out that Hagar's circumstances didn't change, but her awareness did. That means that sometimes we get so blinded by the worst possible scenario, we don't see the blessings that are right in front of us.

What a revelation!!! I had to look it up in my own bible just to be sure. What if I change my awareness to include all the blessings that God has placed before me, and not be blinded by the what-ifs, and the worst cases. That's what I'm going to strive for.


- just a small town girl on the go

1 comment:

Candace said...

I like that....thanks for sharing!!