Blog Archive

Friday, March 19, 2010

Sweet, Sweet Niki

My sweet, beautiful, larger than life cousin was found dead in her apartment at 32 years old on Thursday. I'm totally numb and totally heartbroken at the same time. My heart is shattered and aches for her parents and sisters right now, because even what I'm feeling cannot compare to what they  must be feeling right now.

Right now I haven't heard much other than it might have been carbon monoxide poisoning.  The viewing is on Sunday. So I'm coming in from Arlington and my girl's weekend that I've been looking forward to for a month, taking the kids to the babysitter and going to the viewing in a neighbor town. On Monday will be the funeral.

It may sound selfish, but I'm not giving up time with my friends from high school and our daughters tomorrow and on Sunday. One thing that I've come to terms with is that you need to cherish those around you, and spend time with them, because no one is granted a tomorrow. Only by the grace of God do we receive tomorrows.

Isiah 25:8: He will swallow up death forever, the Sovereign Lord will wipe away the tears from all faces.

Niki, you touched so many people while you were here with us. We forget our time on Earth is borrowed, & you showed us to live vibrantly every day. I love you so much, my heart aches for those you left behind. Dance in heaven with Daddy, I love you both

No comments: