Blog Archive

Monday, November 8, 2010

No more Tearing Down

As I was reading my devotional this morning, I realized that the Lord was hitting me over the head with some things.  One scripture from my devotional was "What (the Lord) opens no one can shut, and what He shuts no one can open." Revelations 4:8-12 and another was from Jude "But you dear friends, build yourselves up in your most holy faith & pray in the holy spirit."

I've been listening to podcasts by Joyce Meyers and reading a couple of other books and they have all been about how our attitudes and thoughts can hold us back or even tear us down. So I'm taking a stand and saying I'm not allowing either of these to tear me down any more.

Lord, I'm tired of tearing myself down for not being a better woman, wife, mother, etc. I want to build my faith on you, and build my prayers upon you. My worth is built on you, and no one can tear it down. I will think  positive about my circumstances, our finances, our marriage, my parenting abilities, and lean on you for all things, because the Lord holds me up.  I will NOT allow my attitudes and thoughts to hold me back from the life You want for me.

I gave my fear and martyrdom, to the Lord that day during the Walk to Emmaus. I know He is healing me a little bit at a time. I give my life to the Lord, and I can't wait to see what He will do with it.

1 comment:

Shelley said...

So powerful! Thanks so much for sharing :)