Blog Archive

Monday, January 17, 2011

Marvelous Monday

Well it's another Marvelous Monday. (I'm really not being sarcastic, promise. :)


I'm thankful on this marvelous monday I have just one more day before classes start tomorrow. It's going to be a wild semester. This is the first semester I'm taking two grad classes instead of just one. It's going to be an adjustment trying to get everything done. 


I'm reading "Reshaping It All" by Candace Cameron Bure. She made a point during the book that to keep our priorities in line, we have to put God first and then the rest of your life will fall into place. I'm trying to follow this principle since my life is fixing to get more crazy. If I follow the Jesus lead and get up in the morning, get a workout in, (most of the music on my shuffle is praise & worship), then get ready for work, and spend time with God before my day gets going 90 mph, my day seems to flow more smoothly.  Many times whatever my devotional covers seems to apply to something that happens that day, or something that happened the day before to get me thinking. 


"Seek first [God's ] kingdom and his righteousness, and all things will be given to you as well." Matthew 6:33


“I have set the LORD always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.” Psalm 16:8


"So fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:18


So I'm going to try and follow this plan to see how it goes...I'll post on how well it's working in a few weeks. 

No comments: